Integrator 40 input Super Analogue console with integrated Control surface, Patchbay, Total Recall, AFADA automation and Linkable stereo channels.
Hybrid Console for the Modern Studio
Connect Your DAW, Your Gear, and Your Studio
Between its stunning SuperAnalogue sound quality, ultra-smooth workflow options, and extremely warm analog summing, the SSL Matrix2 delivers the large-format console benefits serious engineers demand. A total of 40 inputs and 16 motorized faders for both tracking and DAW control more than meets the demands of most small professional facilities and project studios, and a combination of six aux buses and four stereo returns with full stereo mix bus routing makes it easy to integrate all of your outboard gear as well. Top it off with amazing multilayer DAW control, powerful communications, and X-Rack system integration, and the ultra-modern Matrix2 line-level console is your ticket to mixing perfection.
SSL Matrix2 Mixing Console/Control Surface at a Glance:
- Streamlined for a Hybrid Workflow
- Pristine SuperAnalogue Circuitry
- Take Complete Control of Your DAW
- Professional Monitoring and Talkback
- X-Rack Integration for Total Recall
Streamlined for a Hybrid Workflow
A perfect modern console for your outboard gear
With no microphone preamplifiers, equalizers, or dynamics processors onboard, the Matrix2 eliminates a huge chunk of circuitry from your signal path while providing ample connections for your outboard gear. Each of the Matrix2's 16 channels includes a main input, a DAW return input, and an insert point. This insert point actually connects to the console's Insert Matrix, which lets you route your outboard gear to each channel with the flexibility of using a software plug-in. You can even use the Insert Matrix to A/B different processing chains, and since you can control everything from software, fitting this feature into your mixing workflow is easy. And when you're finished mixing, you can take advantage of 40 inputs for incredible analog summing.
Hybrid Workflow at a Glance:
- Minimal signal path makes it easy to use your outboard gear
- Each channel includes inputs for both tracking and for mixing
- Insert points let you patch in additional outboard processors
- Insert Matrix provides plug-in-style hardware routing options
- Stereo Cue ins add a total of 40 inputs for analog summing
Pristine SuperAnalogue Circuitry
Don't let your desk be the bottleneck in your rig
Audio systems are defined by their bottlenecks, such as dynamic range, noise floor, and true frequency response. In most systems, this occurs well before the digital stage, which offers 144dB of dynamic range (at 24-bit) and supports frequencies up to 96kHz (a full 76kHz above the threshold of human hearing). That isn't the case with SSL's SuperAnalogue DC-coupled circuitry design. Using top-of-the-line surface-mount manufacturing techniques, the signal path from any point to another in the Matrix2 offers an extremely wide frequency range with a flat response, next to no distortion, and an almost unmeasurable noise floor. Even if you're recording at 24-bit/192kHz, this console will never be your sonic bottleneck.
SuperAnalogue Circuitry at a Glance:
- Same DC-coupled circuit design found in SSL's top gear
- Transparent signal path exceeds 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Extremely wide frequency range with flat response
- Ultra-low distortion performance won't color your sound
- Virtually nonexistent noise floor offers extended dynamics
Take Complete Control of Your DAW
Loaded with extensive control surface functions
As a true hybrid console/control surface, the SSL Matrix2 takes total command of your DAW environment, putting the vast majority of software functions at your fingertips. With HUI or MCU modes, the 17 motorized faders and channel controls provide complete hands-on control over your DAW mixer. Additionally, the Matrix2 gives you access to transport and navigation functions, plug-in and virtual instrument parameters, and essential DAW commands, allowing you to work quickly and easily using just the console surface. For crucial track adjustment, the unique Focus Fader mode enables the Master Fader (and accompanying V-Pot) to control any channel within your DAW environment that is not part of the currently selected layer. It's a real timesaver when you're mixing down.
DAW Control at a Glance:
- DAW Focus Mode provides full control surface functionality
- HUI and MCU mode presets cover every major DAW software
- 17 motorized faders provide amazing hands-on control
- Complete transport controls and timeline readout onboard
- Focus Fader mode provides additional mixing flexibility
Professional Monitoring and Talkback
Full com systems for tracking and mixing onboard
Communications and monitoring are two of the things the engineers here at Sweetwater put a lot of thought into when they built their own studios, and they're two of the things that really stand out about the SSL Matrix2. Separate Main, Mini, and Independent Artist monitor (headphone) outputs make it easy to set up your monitoring workflow in a simple and logical way, whereas five additional stereo monitoring inputs (including digital inputs for your DAW) let you jump between the main mix, reference tracks, and other material. You can use this section for listen back as well, and an integrated talkback mic with level control provides easy communication with your talent.
Communications at a Glance:
- Main and Mini outputs let you easily switch between monitors
- Artist monitor output is perfect for setting up headphones
- Five external monitoring inputs provide ample source selection
- External input summing makes adding reference tracks simple
X-Rack Integration for Total Recall
Enhance your Matrix2 rig with SSL X-Rack equipment
Total Recall has been one of the most characteristic features of SSL consoles for generations, and the Matrix2 brings a whole new level of software control to this invaluable tool. Thanks to the Total Recall tab in the Matrix Remote application, taking TR snapshots and keeping them organized is a piece of cake. Several of the Matrix2's settings can be automatically recalled, and LED indicators on the rest of the controls make recall as painless as possible. What's more, the Matrix2's Total Recall fully supports up to six SSL X-Rack modules, allowing you to save and recall settings on your compatible outboard gear.
Total Recall at a Glance:
- Updated Total Recall system makes restoring settings easy
- Manage TR setups right from the Matrix Remote application
- Many settings can be instantly and automatically restored
- Manual settings guided with simple LED indicator lights
- TR supports up to six additional SSL X-Rack modules
Type Audio Mixer with DAW Control Faders 17 x 100mm (Motorized) Number of Knobs 153 Knob Type Encoders, Cue, Pan, Inserts, Trims, Monitor Number of Soft Keys 16 Transport Controls Yes Analog Inputs 32 balanced (via DB25), AES (XLR), S/PDIF (optical) Analog Outputs 16 balanced (via DB25), AES (XLR), S/PDIF (optical), Main, Cuej (DB25) Computer Connectivity Ethernet, USB Height 8.976" Depth 28.503" Width 37.244" Weight 55.116 lbs. Manufacturer Part Number 729940X2