Two Flavors of Classic SSL EQ in One 500 Series Module
Put legendary console EQ in your rack with the SSL 611EQ 500 Series EQ module. In fact, you actually get two legendary EQs in the 611EQ. Early '80s SSL E Series consoles had the "Brown Knob" EQ, and later consoles used the "Black Knob" EQ. You can switch the midrange bands between these two flavors of EQ, so you'll be equipped to sonically shape any material to your liking. Add a preamp module and a dynamics processor, and you've got a superb custom channel strip. For an EQ you can rely on for virtually any task, look to the SSL 611EQ 500 Series EQ module.
SSL 611EQ 500 Series EQ Module at a Glance:
- Legendary SSL sound quality and vibe
- "Brown Knob" EQ - the original SSL EQ, sweet and musical
- "Black Knob" EQ - a more aggressive EQ for modern styles
Legendary SSL sound quality and vibe
Since the early '80s, producers have loved the SSL E Series consoles for their huge sound and distinctive character. A big part of the sound came from the E Series channel strip, and you get the same circuits in the 611DYN EQ module.
"Brown Knob" EQ - the original SSL EQ, sweet and musical
Early SSL E Series consoles sported the "Brown Knob" EQ design (named for the color used on the LF section's knobs). You get 15dB of cut/boost, and a special design that ensures the 3dB up/down points for each band fall at the same musical interval from the center frequency. Said another way, no matter where you cut or boost the 611EQ, the results sound musical and natural.
"Black Knob" EQ - a more aggressive EQ for modern styles
In the mid-'80s, SSL worked with the legendary George Martin to develop the 242 EQ circuit, or the "Black Knob" EQ to be found on later E Series consoles. It's more aggressive than the Brown Knob EQ, with up to 18dB of cut or boost, and a different control law that gives you much tighter control over low frequencies.
SSL 611EQ 500 Series EQ Module Features:
- Mono parametric equalizer module with two distinct flavors of legendary SSL EQ
- Brown Knob mode is the sound of early-'80s E Series consoles, with 15dB cut/boost and musical response
- Black Knob mode is the sound of later E Series consoles, with 18dB of cut/boost and a tighter sound
- LF and HF shelving bands can be switched to a bell-curve response for maximum versatility
- The perfect way for project studios to get the sound of a world-famous console, affordably
Shape your sound with the SSL 611EQ 500 Series EQ module!
Number of Channels 1 Number of Bands 4-Band Bypass Yes Q Type Selectable Freq Range High 1.5kHz-16kHz Freq Range Hi-Mid 600Hz-7kHz Freq Range Lo-Mid 200Hz-2.5kHz Freq Range Low 30Hz-450Hz Manufacturer Part Number 729720X1