- large diaphragm dual-capsule
- switchable: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hyper cardioid, figure 8
- exceptional dynamic range
- equivalent noise level 7 dBA
- transformerless output
- elastic capsule suspension
- continuous control of variable polar pattern from the mixing console or PC using separate signal outputs
cardioid rear selected by switch ring
- clear indication of selected characteristics
- one microphone records two separate polar patterns simultaneously
The UM 930 twin switchable pattern studio condenser microphone combines modern large diaphragm capsule technology with the latest in semiconductor circuit topology. The optimized dual-capsule assembly opens up new applications in recording techniques. In addition to conventional switched patterns, two different directional patterns can be selected at the same time.
The UM 930 twin is specifically designed to meet the needs of professional and semi-professional users who demand the highest performance. This microphone is ideally suited for universal miking applications in broadcast and sound studios. Applications include vocalists, announcers, dialog pickup and as spot microphones for recording guitars, keyboards, percussion, wind and string instruments.
Simultaneous recording with two polar patterns
The UM 930 twin is equipped with one fixed cardioid directivity pattern, and five additional user-selectable directivities. The 5-pin XLR connector enables the separate capsule directivity patterns to be usedsimultaneously. This makes it possible for the recording engineer to compare the directional properties against the reference cardioid during live recording a well as in post production.
You can replace the black O-rings surrounding the switch ring with green, red and blue coloured rings to help identify microphones. The UM 930 twin is activated by means of a 5-pin XLR connection cable, or with the 5-pin XLR to 2 x 3-pin XLR adapter cable.